Monday, 7 September 2009

Collaborative Fiction

Royal Opera house http://twitter.com/RoyalOperaHouse is creating world’s first twitter written opera http://twitter.com/youropera I found this idea very fascinating.

Somebody told me that there is a novel being written on twitter named “World Writes a Novel”, I searched for it but I couldn’t find it. He told me that it is very interesting to see how the story takes unexpected turns. Please let me know if you come across this novel on twitter.

I thought why twitter is not that popular in India, I could think of following reasons.
  1. Most of Indian users don't use internet enabled handsets; I couldn’t find any twitter client for old mobile phones. Twitter clients require at list java enabled mobile phones. http://jibjib.org/
  2. To use twitter, user has to have a data plan, in India most of the mobile users don’t have any data plan.
  3. In India we can send SMS/ text across the mobile networks.
http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/howto/top_5_reasons_twitter_beats_sm.html
http://twitter.com/downloads